How to Settings the Liftgate Open Height
Ford Escape Manual to Settings the Liftgate Open Height:
- Open the liftgate.
- Stop the liftgate by pressing the control button on the liftgate when it reaches the desired height
- When the liftgate has stopped moving, you can also manually move it to the desired height.
- Press and hold the liftgate control button on the liftgate until a tone sounds, indicating programming is complete.
- You can only use the liftgate control button to program the height.
Tutorial to Change Programmed Height
The new open liftgate height is recalled when the power liftgate is opened.
To change the programmed height, repeat the above procedure.
- Once you open the power liftgate, you can manually move it to a different height.
- You can fully open the liftgate by manually pushing it upward to the maximum open position.
Obstacle Detection When Closing
The system stops when it detects an obstacle. Two short tones sound and the system reverses to open. When you remove the obstacle, you can power close the liftgate. Entering your vehicle while the liftgate is closing can cause your vehicle to bounce and activate obstacle detection.
To prevent this, let the power liftgate close completely before you enter your new Ford Escape.
Before driving off, check the instrument cluster for a liftgate or door ajar message or warning indicator. Failure to do this could result in unintentionally leaving the liftgate open while driving.
Obstacle Detection When Opening
The system stops when it detects an obstacle and two short tones sound. When you remove the obstacle, you can continue to operate the liftgate.
Ford Escape Hands-Free Feature
Make sure you have an intelligent access transmitter within 3 ft (1 m) of the liftgate.
- Move your foot under and away from the rear bumper detection area in a single-kick motion. Do not move your foot sideways or the sensors may not detect the motion.
- The liftgate will power open or close.
- Allow the power system to open the liftgate. Manually pushing or pulling the liftgate may activate the system’s obstacle detection feature and stop the power operation or reverse its direction.
- Manually interfering with the liftgate motion may also replicate a strut failure.
Splashing water may cause the hands-free liftgate to open.
- Keep the intelligent access key away from the rear bumper detection area when washing your vehicle.